Skip to main content

A toast.

To dreams. To ice cream. With sprinkles on it. To potatoes and empty coke cans. Odd dreams. Lying on the beach. Talking on phone through the night. Feeling hysterical. Feeling euphoric. To travelling. To pouring your heart out. And writing. To music. And tales from far away. To childhood games. And memories of things from some time ago. The old swing. The photographs strewn across the floor. To jamming and dancing. To seashells and sand in your shoes. To cuddling in warmth. To refreshing old ties. To living your wishes. To brilliance. Stolen kisses. And christmas. To inside jokes. Kinky ones and dirty ones. To the wanderings and wondering. To coffee and the last bite of tiramisu. The voices  in your head. The voices outside laughing with you. Laughter. And then some more. And then some more. To stars and colours. To wishing and hoping. The rain. To fairy lights and songs sung together. Ink and paper. To the meadow that hid your secrets. To campfires and guitars. Second chances and free falls. To the ones that stuck. And the ones whose faces you can never forget. Perfect hair days and sunshine. To the breeze. Hard work paying off. To promises and belief. To bear hugs and the basketball court.
To friends. To love. To life. And maybe a million more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing

"I had hoped it would all be ok..eventually. But it’s not. And it’s not gonna be. Ever. So I have to go. And it’s why you should too.” “But giving up isn’t-“ “It is.  We tried. It didn’t work so it probably never will.” “But-“ “In case you haven’t noticed yet, trust doesn’t come easily to me. I don’t do second chances and fresh starts. I do goodbyes and after all this time, I’ve become rather good at them.” “Don’t do this. You don’t wanna do this.” “I don’t, I have to. Goodbye, D” And with that I quickly turned on my heel and walked away feeling nothing. Absolutely nothing. As I said, I’ve become rather good at goodbyes. Still here (unfortunately for me) K

Hidden letters : Hope could bring destruction.

You've hurt me a lot. Far more than you think you could've. Your words, your disdain, your disapproval- they've broken me even when I'm at my best. You've taken everything from me by just a condescending look or distasteful comment. You've beat me down. But it is my fault for being so gullible to you- just you, no one else. Gullible to believe you when you say something nice to me or appreciate my work. Gullible enough to think you want the world for me too. Truth is you want the world for only yourself and the rest for me. You may not know it and I may be stupid enough to fall for your manner every single time but I will never forgive you. Especially for these last two years. They've been torture for my pride. I have two more years to go for this torment and then I'll be gone. At least I hope so.  Because if I don't, then I'll break for real. And I'll be gone forever. For real. But that won't be on you, it'll be on me. Just me. ...

Let go and not look back?

But he was my best friend. We fought. We screamed at each other. We wanted to hit each other. We had misunderstandings. We had times where we didn't talk to each other for days altogether. But we were best friends.  "He is pathetic! I hate him. He is a nobody to me now. I don't know what he is up to these days. He has become friends with those bitches. I thought he found them stupid, shallow and annoying. Now, he is best friends with THEM? How can he do this to me? He was MY best friend. He lies to me. He doesn't tell me anything anymore. I don't even know him anymore. *sobs* But I miss my best friend. I want him back. NOW!" He did come back to me. After all, we were best friends. We had been best friends since forever. He came back. We didn't fight about where we had been and why hadn't been talking to me. I was just happy that he was back.  "Hey, sorry!", he finally said after over an hour of talking about silly random stuff. ...